May 28, 2020
Dear Patients and Parents,
Welcome back...we are open! We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we last saw you and we want to update you on our office, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy. During our closure, we have participated in training by experts in Infection Control, CDC Guidelines, Universal Precautions, and Social Distancing. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Over the last two months, we have canceled several hundred appointments. We have begun rescheduling patients on a first-canceled, first-rescheduled basis. Our goal is to keep your treatment moving forward as efficiently as possible. Many office procedures have temporarily changed:
- Please wait for our office to call you to schedule your next appointment.
- Emergencies will continue to be defined by pain or bleeding. For now, broken brackets and ill-fitting retainers or aligners will be addressed during your next appointment.
- Many consultations, retainer checks, and observation recall visits will be conducted virtually, using a secure server.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car, text our office at (925) 361-2100, and our Patient Wellness Coordinator (Cassie) will come out to go over an informed consent form, and a simple questionnaire indicating your contacts, travel, and well-being. Please arrive on time so this process is efficient.
- Only the patient will be allowed to enter the office. The only exception to this will be for very young patients, who may have one parent/caregiver accompany them.
- Please arrive wearing your own mask. Federal guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks in businesses will be followed.
- The patient's temperature will be taken by staff, using a touchless thermometer. If the temperature is over 100° F, you will be asked to reschedule the appointment, following a 14-day self-quarantine.
- We will provide hand sanitizer to be used before and after your visit.
- The bathroom will be closed, so please prepare yourself before arrival. Please brush your teeth at home and bring all appliances with you to your appointment.
- Patients will rinse with mild hydrogen peroxide at the treatment chair at the start of their appointment.
- Your child will be given a written progress evaluation at the end of their appointment to allow for communication from us.
- You will see newly constructed barriers in our office that are designed to ensure the health and well-being of our patients.
- As has always been the case, we will practice Universal Precautions, assuming that every patient and staff member is potentially infectious, and all necessary sterilization procedures will be followed.
- We will be completing the same questionnaire as our patients and taking our temperature in the morning upon arrival and after lunch. We will be wearing additional PPE, so please forgive us if we do not appear as social as usual.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients. You are the life-force of our practice and this is why we are taking your safety very seriously. We ask for your patience and understanding, while we focus on getting your treatment back on track and moving forward.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. John Ogro, Linda, Jordyn, Andrea & Cassie